Dermapen skin needling also known as microneedling is increasingly being accepted by the people and is one of the most innovative rejuvenation therapies available today for treating various skin problems. It is very natural that as we age the production of the fibroblast cells that stimulates the growth of the collagen and elastin diminishes, which will result in sagging of the skin, appearing of wrinkles and fine line and loose skin. It is very important to stimulate the production of the collagen and elastin for healthier and younger looking skin and this can be done with the Dermapen skin needling treatment.
Dermapen skin needling will create the micro-injuries which will ultimately trigger the growth of fibroblast cells that will stimulate the production of collagen resulting in plumper and smoother-looking skin. Basically, the Dermapen skin needling helps the skin to repair itself after it has encountered any physical damage like cuts, scars or any other physical damage. When an injury occurs, your skin will destroy the old, damaged tissue that causes acne scarring and wrinkles and will replace it with freshly produced collagen. This treatment is best for all the skin types and tones, especially for the people who are facing a problem like acne scarring, wrinkling, fine lines and dilated pores.
Which areas can be treated?
Dermapen skin needling treats the full face for the skin rejuvenation but it’s not restricted only to face; it can also treat the other areas of the body like the neck, décolletage, abdomen, legs, arms, and hands. It can safely treat all forms of scars like acne or surgery scars, abdominal scars, stretch marks, burn contracture scars and also the loose body skin.
The Dermapen microneedling pen provides an unparalleled response through the segmented delivery of microneedles, creating micro injuries to the epidermis (outer layer of skin) and dermis (the inner layer of skin). As a result, the micro injuries encourage the body’s innate ability to repair itself.
Every Dermapen features patented technologies, which include SureSpace™ and SafLok™. Accordingly, these safety enhancements can be found in every Dermapen needle tip and pen. The device has been rigorously tested for safety and bears the CE quality mark. All device heads are single use, disposable items.
Why choose Dermapen skin needling over the surgical treatments?
• The Dermapen skin needling gives you rejuvenated and plumper skin with no pain, minimal discomfort and with very little downtime
• In this therapy, disposable needles are used which eliminates the risk of cross-contamination
• The depth of the needles is adjustable and this allows for a treatment customized to the patient’s needs
• Being the most advanced treatment, it can easily treat the hard to reach areas like around the nose, eyes, and lips
• Needles are injected vertically so that it can easily penetrate scar tissue
• It is the most controlled and consistent treatment that yields optimal results
• It causes less pain and redness for the patient
Does the treatment hurt?
The microneedling procedure itself is relatively quick, taking approximately 30 minutes in total. You will experience sensations from a mild pressure to a prickling sensation and your practitioner will monitor your level of discomfort carefully in order to adjust the treatment within your tolerance.
Microneedling treatments carried out professionally are very safe procedures, which carry minimal risk of adverse skin reactions. After the treatment your skin will appear flushed and feel warm – this will seem very similar to a mild sunburn. In the days following your treatment, depending on the intensity and depth of the procedure and the condition of your skin, you may experience a tight feeling and light flaking of the skin for 2 -3 days. It is vital that you follow all the necessary aftercare advice that your practitioner will give to you in order to nurture your skin through the recovery phase and ensure the most positive results. Failure to care for your skin post treatment mat result in your skin failing to heal properly and the skin can then suffer damage.
Am I suitable for treatment?
You will not be suitable for this treatment if affected by any of the below contraindications:
• History of dermatologic disorders that manifest skin sensitivity e.g. eczema / dermatitis / psoriasis (Koebner’s phenomenon)
• Radiation treatment/chemotherapy in preceding 6/12 months
• Any form of illness or disease including minor conditions such as colds
• Invasive medical treatment with the last 6 -12 months including surgery
• Recent physical injury still healing
• Photosensitising medication
• Roaccutane –no treatment for 12 months after conclusion of medication
• Retin A or other topical Vitamin A or Tretinoin medication –no treatment for 3 –6 months after conclusion of treatment course
• Currently taking Antibiotics
• Blood thinning medication – warfarin (Aspirin may be stopped for 3 days prior to treatment and resumed after treatment)
• Other medications -Check with his/her doctor
• Known sensitivity to components/ allergies to product ingredients.
• Any history of Anaphylaxis
• Active or inflamed outbreak of acne, herpes simplex or Rosacea (If no actives herpes simplex but has a tendency warn client of possible outbreak and advise re prophylactic treatment)
• Pregnancy or breastfeeding
• Immunosuppressant diseases such as Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, HIV
• Within 4 weeks pre or post extreme UV light exposure
• Within 4 –6 weeks of any other form of regenerative skin treatment such as laser resurfacing, other chemical peels, other dermal rollering
• Within 2 weeks of Botulinum toxin, dermal filler or mesotherapy injectable treatments
• Within 1 week of waxing in the area to be treated.
• Within 4 weeks of any skin lasering treatments.
After treatment your skin may feel hot, be red and swollen and may have some pinpoint bleeding spots. This should all calm down within 24-48 hours. Avoid touching your face as much as possible to avoid causing further irritation and possible infection.
• Please use any prescribed/ recommended skin care products topically after the session to help soothe, calm and protect the skin.
• When cleaning the face please use a clean damp cotton pad or flannel lightly for the first 48 hours.
• For the first 1-3 days, the skin will may feel dry and tight. Frequent use of post-session topical skincare will help alleviate this.
• Please refrain from wearing makeup for the first 24-48 hours. Please ensure that any make-up brushes have been cleaned thoroughly prior to use post treatment as they harbour bacteria and may cause infection and breakouts.
• Avoid alcohol-based toners, Any products with Retinols, BHA’s, AHA’s, salicylic or glycolic acids and Retinol products for 14 days.
• Avoid direct sun exposure, sunbeds and saunas for at least 10 days after treatment and use a physical sunscreen at all times when outside even if it’s cloudy.
• After 2-3 days you are able to return to your regular skin care products or as soon as it is comfortable to do so.
• After 5 days you can gently exfoliate the skin to remove the flaky dead skin that commonly forms after treatments.
• Do not apply spray tanning or fake tanning creams for 2-3 weeks after the treatment.
• Avoid any other facial treatments including Botox, fillers, lasers and dermabrasion for 14 days after treatment.